Apache + sql

Lee Johnston lee at uk.freebsd.org
Thu Sep 14 10:43:04 BST 2000

Hi David,

If your using MySQL as your database server, I suggest you take a look
at the book "MySQL" by Paul DuBois, ISBN: 0-7357-0921-1. It explains
how MySQL works, and introduces you to PHP, which personally, I think
is the best scripting language for database integration.

Hope this helps a little, if you need more information, just e-mail me.

Lee.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 10:22:34AM +0100, David Richards wrote:
> Hi
>     I thik there is a way of getting data from  a web page put straight in
> to a database. One problem i have noticed is can u write rules to check the
> database to see if there is a record already in there ?
>
> David Richards
> Eurosoft (UK) Ltd
> 3 St Stephens Road
> Bournemouth
> Dorset
> BH2 6JL
>
> Tel: +44 (0)1202 297315
> Fax: +44 (0)1202 558280

Lee Johnston (lee at uk.freebsd.org)  NIC Handle: LJ1507
Telephone: +44 (0)7901-634 812  Fax: +44 (0)870-052 0447
http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/