Vibra16X

Jon Schneider jms at geriatrix.circlesquared.com
Tue Sep 5 12:27:59 BST 2000

I have got 4.1 to recognise my Soundblaster Vibra PnP using the
appropriate controller statements in the kernel configuration.

Although it works there are two problems.

The sound output jumps whenever the machine (a P233MMX with reasonable SCSI
hardware) does any more than not much. Almost as if there is practically
no buffering.

Also very often when using mpg123 or getting a system (eg. Gnome) noise
I just get noise. Like it is loosing its four-byte alignment.
After another attempt or two at starting a track it is ok.
The problem also occurs with command line mpg123 without X running
. Any ideas ?

	Jon