In need of some help :X-server

Robin Gray robin at g7cyo.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Sep 3 11:49:12 BST 2000

Hi there,
Iam in need of some real help I have tried everything to load freebsd onto
my pc but the following keeps happenning I simply am at a loss about what to
do about it  so I really do hope someone out there can help me please

 as a new user to unix I decided to go for Freebsd 4.1, but the problems I
am having are that x-server when finished configuring presents me with a
screen of white dots with a big x in the middle and I can nothing about it
apart from re-boot the machine.
I am at my wits end as I have been trying to configure the freebsd for many
weeks now and always the same thing.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Robin