SCSI Hardware RAID Solution suggestions required

Aled Morris aledm at routers.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 22:13:39 GMT 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Simon Clayton wrote:

>Does anyone use hardware SCSI RAID?  If so what card are you using to do the
>RAID?

Coincidentally I have just come into a Compaq raid PCI card of some
sort.  I think it's quite a good one - it appears to have two wide
channels, and a daughtercard with battery backed RAM by the looks of it.

It is recognised as "ida" by the 4.1-RELEASE kernel, so I guess it's
supported.

I have no need for it, so I'd like to donate it to a worthy cause.

My definition of "worthy cause" is (in order of preference):

1. someone who is (or will) actively support the FreeBSD driver

2. failing that, a non-profit organisation that could use it under FreeBSD

3. failing that, someone who uses FreeBSD and thinks they are worthy

4. failing that, someone who can use it

Suggestions by email to me mailto:aledm at routers.co.uk

Aled