Douglas Adams, ApacheCon, and horns aplenty

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Fri Oct 27 11:46:51 BST 2000

Hi guys,

Thought some of you might get a kick out of this.

We (i.e., BSDi) were at ApacheCon in London Tuesday/Wednesday of this week.

The keynote speaker on Tuesday night was Douglas Adams.

I wasn't in the auditorium to witness it myself, but apparently he stopped
in mid-sentence part way through his presentation, and in somewhat
incredulous tones said

    Er, are people wearing *horns* in here?

which prompted much laughter from the conference goers.

I'm just kicking myself that I didn't have the presence of mind to hand him
a pair before he started. . .