burning audio CDs

Jeremy Prior jez at netcraft.com
Tue Oct 17 14:19:25 BST 2000

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 01:43:48PM +0100, Ben Smithurst wrote:
# Does anyone have any experience of burning audio CDs with burncd on FreeBSD?
# It never seems to work for me.  I use "burncd -f /dev/cdrom audio *.wav
# fixate"...  cdcontrol's "info" command shows the TOC looks ok, and the CD
# plays fine in a CD-Rom drive, either using CD player software or pressing
# the "play" button on the CD-Rom.  But the CD didn't work at all in the three
# normal (audio) CD players I tried - they all said "no disc" in their
# display.  Any hints?
#
# TIA.
#
# (please remember to CC me, I'm not subscribed to the list any more.
# thanks.)

I think that it depends on the age of the CD player - old ones
(as well as early CD-ROM drives) can't read CD-Rs.

jez
--
Jeremy Prior  <jez at netcraft.co.uk>  http://www.netcraft.co.uk/
 Netcraft Ltd,  1 Somerset Street,  Bath,  BA1 1TS,  England.