sysinstall oddity

Jonathan Belson jon at dookie.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 16 14:28:44 BST 2000

Hiya

I quite often find then when I try to receive a package list from an ftp
site using sysinstall, quite often the installer fails to connect to the
remote site - it just sits there with the 'connecting to server message'.

I can't see any reason why the connection would fail, I can ftp to
the site from another console with no problems.  I'm not behind a
firewall (and I have the same problems if I choose passive ftp, too).

Has anyone else experienced this?  The only way to get out is to
ctrl-C and restart the program - the timeout interval seems to be
rather long.

--
C-YA
Jon