Problems with .fetchmailrc on 5.3.0

Steven Fletcher flec at flec.co.uk
Sat Oct 14 00:39:34 BST 2000

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:25:25 +0100, Richard Smith wrote:

>Multiple user mode is not guaranteed to work. If the pop3 server does
>not insert the envelope into the header (e.g. X-Originally-To) and the
>recipient is a BCC then fetchmail has no way of delivering the message.

The POP3 server shouldn't change the header - surely you are referring
to [something like (per-MTA)] sendmail's $u macro?

fetchmail should be able to happily handle the last (or any) Received:
header when gathering recipient information - most specifically the
'for' part. The only time when this shouldn't work (as is my experience,
at least), is when sendmail couldn't insert the $u because multiple
local recipients were specified. The FAQ (M7 part) should detail this.

Hope this helps;

-Steven Fletcher
flec at flec.co.uk