Anyone got a CD burner and a local repository?

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 12 18:10:12 BST 2000

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 06:45:56AM +0100, Adrian Wontroba wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:39:59PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> > I've just got myself an extra disk so I've now got room for a local copy of
> > the repository, but d/l it with a 56K modem is a bit unrealistic :)
>
> I recently threw away my repository and cvsupped a fresh one - over 7
> hours with both channels of an ISDN link going, which may give you an
> idea as to how long it would take.  This didn't cure my "can't build
> 4.1-stable" problem, which was actually due to using the wrong set of
> src/share/mk files (8-(
>
> As for repository size:
>
> aw1 at titus usr/home/ncvs$ du -ks *
> 15754   CVSROOT
> 60674   data
> 75239   doc
> 146907  gnats
> 301749  ports
> 768028  src
>
> > Does anyone have a (up to date) copy of the repository (and the checkouts
> > file please) that they would be willing to burn to a CD as a .tgz and
> > snail-mail to me?
>
> I've not got a burner, but you (and anyone else) are welcome to contact
> me and arrange to bring a machine here (Stoke-on-Trent) to copy my
> repository via my network.  I use 100 Mb/s, but one machine has a 10
> Mb/s card in it too.

Thanks for the offer but Neil Ford has offered to burn me a copy to CD.
Could you post the sup file that you use though please? I'm curious as to
what the data directory is as /usr/share/examples/cvs-supfile only lists
src-all, doc-all, and ports-all. Also, where does it out the checkouts
file? According to /usr/share/examples/cvs-supfile it should be in
/usr/sup.

BTW, in the header of your mail:

                                 ^^^^^^^

Is this an anti-spam measure? mutt picked it up as the reply address and
then barfed when it tried to send it.