Anyone got a CD burner and a local repository?

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 12 18:14:05 BST 2000

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 11:10:11AM +0100, Neil Ford wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:39:59PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> > I've just got myself an extra disk so I've now got room for a local copy of
> > the repository, but d/l it with a 56K modem is a bit unrealistic :)
> >
> > Does anyone have a (up to date) copy of the repository (and the checkouts
> > file please) that they would be willing to burn to a CD as a .tgz and
> > snail-mail to me?
> >
> I don't have a repositry but I could get one :-) So if you wanted to send
> me instructions I could get this done and then onto CD for you. MIght as
> well make some use of the facilities here before we close it all down.
> You sure you only want one copy on CD? :-)

Thanks Neil. I'll get the instructions for you (TIA Adrian :)) but in the
meantime you'll need to install the cvsup-bin port (note: NOT cvsupd-bin -
note the "d"). and ~1GB of disk space. Is that a problem?

> You sure you only want one copy on CD? :-)

One will be fine thanks. I can keep it upto date with cvsup from there
(it's just the sheer size of the initial d/l that's the problem).