IMAP servers

Paul Richards paul at originative.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 17:57:07 BST 2000

Neil Ford wrote:

> I'm needing to build an IMAP server to be co-located. Anyone got any advice /
> suggestions on the best server to use and the best way to secure it?
>
> Prime candidate is Cyrus (based on previous recommendation) but as I have no
> prior experience to go on.

What do you want to know?

I've setup Cyrus for quite a few clients and I use it myself. It's not
the nicest piece of software to install but it's never given me any
problems in use and there's 100,000 plus emails in it's store at the
moment though only a few simultaneous users.

Paul Richards
FreeBSD Services Ltd