Anyone got a CD burner and a local repository?

Adrian Wontroba aw1 at stade.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 06:45:56 BST 2000

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:39:59PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> I've just got myself an extra disk so I've now got room for a local copy of
> the repository, but d/l it with a 56K modem is a bit unrealistic :)

I recently threw away my repository and cvsupped a fresh one - over 7
hours with both channels of an ISDN link going, which may give you an
idea as to how long it would take.  This didn't cure my "can't build
4.1-stable" problem, which was actually due to using the wrong set of
src/share/mk files (8-(

As for repository size:

aw1 at titus usr/home/ncvs$ du -ks *
15754   CVSROOT
60674   data
75239   doc
146907  gnats
301749  ports
768028  src

> Does anyone have a (up to date) copy of the repository (and the checkouts
> file please) that they would be willing to burn to a CD as a .tgz and
> snail-mail to me?

I've not got a burner, but you (and anyone else) are welcome to contact
me and arrange to bring a machine here (Stoke-on-Trent) to copy my
repository via my network.  I use 100 Mb/s, but one machine has a 10
Mb/s card in it too.

The main problem is my availability - I spend too much time at work (8-(
I have some hopes of getting some Sunday afternoons off.

--
Adrian Wontroba