Of interest?

Jose Marques noway at nohow.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 10:49:30 BST 2000

The following announcement was forwarded to me by my boss.  Don't know if
this is of interest to anybody here.  Apologies if you've already seen it.

-8<- cut here ----
The Software Group of UCISA are organising a one-day seminar on 'A
Buyer's Guide to free Unix and Applications' in Oxford on 6
December.

With increasing use being made of different varieties of free and
Public Domain Unix (such as FreeBSD and Linux) and applications such as
StarOffice, this seminar will discuss some varieties of Unix and
applications that are freely available. It also includes discussion of
the viability of providing a professional desktop environment on Linux
and examples of high-availability services, such as web services, built
on Linux.

Visit http://www.ucisa.ac.uk/SG/events/dec_2000.htm for more details,
the program and the on-line booking form for this event.

We look forward to seeing you there.
-8<- cut here ----

--
Jose Marques