Dual Booting Win98 and FBSD

Heredity Choice stork at qnet.com
Sun Oct 8 07:15:54 BST 2000

I have never installed WIN98 but have lots of experience with another
primitive M$ OS, MS-DOS. DOS wants to grab all the drive it can. I prevent
this by first using FDISK from a DOS boot floppy to create, format, and
mark bootable a partition the size I want it to be. I then install DOS
before anything else, because DOS is likely to format any other partitions
it finds.

One could presumably use a DOS boot floppy with FDISK to create a
partition for WIN98, but formatting will have to be done from the WIN98
install.

Paul Smith
stork at qnet.com