why is freebsd a good choice for a firewall ? (fwd)

L. Cranswick L.M.D.Cranswick at dl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 29 16:43:01 GMT 2000

Where did FreeBSD fall over for Firewall applications compared to
OpenBSD?  When comparing the BSDs (and Linux) - I tried OpenBSD
but had major install problems.  Whereas FreeBSD was a near dream
to get going and configured - and quite easy turning off all
services ready for installing only what was wanted.

(but this was not for firewall applications)

Lachlan.

--
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

Collaborative Computational Project No 14 (CCP14)
    for Single Crystal and Powder Diffraction
Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, WA4 4AD U.K
Tel: +44-1925-603703  Fax: +44-1925-603124
E-mail: l.cranswick at dl.ac.uk  Ext: 3703  Room C14
                           http://www.ccp14.ac.uk