FreebSD 4.1 and sound cards

Jonathan Belson jon at dookie.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 22 21:52:06 GMT 2000

Roger McCalman wrote:

> I have been playing around trying to get some sound working on my
> FreeBSD computer.
>
> I have FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE. The sound cards I have are
>
> chip2: <VIA 82C686 AC97 Audio> port
0xb000-0xb003,0xb400-0xb403,0xb800-0xb8ff irq 10 at device 4.5 on pci0

> from the ASUS K7V mother board and a SoundBlaster 16 PCI (model
> CT4740).

If it's any consolation I'm having trouble getting my sound card to
work on my new Athlon at work, although it worked fine in my
previous machine.  I presume is due to the chipset. since I've
heard the Athlon chipsets are pretty buggy.

Have you tried moving the card to a different slot?

--
C-YA
Jon

<http://www.dookie.demon.co.uk>