Continuing SCSI issue.

Guy Harper guyh at demon.net
Tue Nov 7 01:43:37 GMT 2000

Hello all...

I'm still suffering some strange scsi bus issues... I continually get
messages such as:

ahc1: Data parity error detected during address or write data phase

This is not necessarily crashing the system (previously my machine would
hang during sustained disk activity - and still does) but I am getting
messages such as this regularly.

I have switched from the onboard AHA7880 to an AHA2940 to see if it was
the adaptor, but am increasingly convinced the PCI bus is at fault as I
still get similar errors. I have previously tried disabling Tagged
Queueing on all the drives, but to no avail...

Time for a new system? - inexpensive suggestions welcome :)

Cheers,

Guy