FreeBSD and Amiga filesystems, formatting HDs, moving filesystem

Adrian Wontroba aw1 at stade.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 00:18:01 GMT 2000

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 02:35:22PM -0000, David Marsh wrote:
> I've read about 'dangerously dedicated' mode; should I format the disk to
> be compatible with other OSes anyway, just in case?

While "dangerously dedicated" mode has its supporters (indeed, I have
some such disks here), discussions elsewhere reveal:
*  It definitely upsets some BIOSs.
*  Many of TPTB would like to see the end of it.

> Is there any point in putting a small MS-DOS partition on the disk 'just
> because'?

Can be handy.  You acquire an ethernet card which can only be
reconfigured with a DOS setup program, etc.  Dpending on the number
of computers you have lying around. even a small (and legitimate)
MS-Windows system can sometimes be useful.  (Sheesh, did I really write
that (8-))

--
Adrian Wontroba