keyboard faker, anyone?

Ian Pallfreeman ip at mcc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 1 15:43:49 GMT 2000

I know this is slightly off-topic, but can anyone help me to find either
a keyboard faker, or the circuit diagram for one? I'm told it's simply a
resistor between ground and one of the DIN pins, but nobody here knows
which pin, nor what the value of the resistor should be. I wonder if my
colleagues are misremembering the trick with Sun serial consoles...

I've grepped the Simtel index, and tried google and lycos, but all I get
is referalls to the NetBSD FAQ, which tells me that I can buy a keyboard
faker from many different vendors, omitting to suggest any.

TIA,

Ian.