Telewest

Steve Roome steve at sse0691.bri.hp.com
Wed May 31 13:09:12 BST 2000

Mark Ovens <mark at freebsd-uk.eu.org> wrote :

> > > Ditto, although it hasn't been *that* bad for me until this last week.
> >
> > Maybe ``surftime'' will save us all !!!  I hear Demon are planning an
> > announcement (Hi Mark (K)) !
> >

> Really? a colleague uses Demon and he was told that they aren't going
> to support it.
>
> I'm hoping Telewest are going to come up with a cable modem solution
> soon. They are laying a light-pipe along the A4, which is within 100m
> of my house (and 25m from the nearest house).

(I think I'll stop lurking now...)

I would suggest that you steer very clear of telewest! I have cable
television and two phone lines with them, and the service is
appalling, neither can be guaranteed to work reliably, although the
phone line is better than the TV.

Also, Telewest when they introduced their free isp offerring failed to
meet demands at all in Bristol and I would expect them to do the same
as they've done with cable television and their ISP services and screw
up.

This mailing list  :
http://www.escribe.com/internet/_/

has a lot of discussions about the quality of telewest services and
might be useful before you decide to go with them, just search for
telewest.

(back to lurking)

Hope this has been some help...

	Steve