Mail problems with freebsd.org

Mark Ovens mark at freebsd-uk.eu.org
Tue May 30 23:15:49 BST 2000

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 10:09:28PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> > > I'll keep the account because of the free calls, a single UDP
> > > connection through them is all they'll ever see though !!!
> > >

> > Ditto, although it hasn't been *that* bad for me until this last week.
>
> Maybe ``surftime'' will save us all !!!  I hear Demon are planning an
> announcement (Hi Mark (K)) !

Really? a colleague uses Demon and he was told that they aren't going
to support it.

I'm hoping Telewest are going to come up with a cable modem solution
soon. They are laying a light-pipe along the A4, which is within 100m
of my house (and 25m from the nearest house).

BTW, I've removed BTInternet support from the Cc:. I received a reply
saying that they are investigating problems with the mail and news
servers. I don't think that's *my* problem as they only announced this
tonight whereas I've had problems for > 1 week. anyway, we'll see.
They've closed the call so I'll send another if things don't improve.