Mail problems with freebsd.org

Mark Ovens mark at freebsd-uk.eu.org
Mon May 29 20:05:14 BST 2000

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 10:04:07AM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> Well, I tried that - using mail.btinternet.com as a relay and
> everything got bounced.
>
> What setup have you got ?

Looks like we tried a really bad time to try this, everything I sent
last night (Sat.) got "Unable to deliver for xx hours" messages. I did
get a couple of:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients. The
following address(es) failed:

  nik at freebsd.org:
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:
    <nik at freebsd.org>:
    host hub.freebsd.org [204.216.27.18]:
    450 Client host rejected:
    cannot find your hostname, [194.73.73.138]:
    retry timeout exceeded
  freebsd-doc at freebsd.org:
    <freebsd-doc at freebsd.org>:
    host hub.freebsd.org [204.216.27.18]:
    450 Client host rejected:
    cannot find your hostname, [194.73.73.138]:
    retry timeout exceeded

Any clues?

I'm using mutt + sendmail and the key lines in sendmail.cf are:

DSmail.btinternet.com

DMukug.uk.freebsd.org

--
        ...and on the eighth day God created UNIX
mailto:mark at ukug.uk.freebsd.org             http://www.radan.com