Mail problems with freebsd.org

Mark Ovens mark at freebsd-uk.eu.org
Mon May 29 00:37:18 BST 2000

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 09:44:14AM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:

> > > Indeed.
> > >
> > > Mark: move to Demon, then you get your own hostname, static IP, and you
> > > can deliver mail yourself without getting a smarthost involved.  You
> > > know it makes sense. :-)
> > >

> > Ah, but how much does it cost?
>
> This is true - in fact, I have a BTI account too 8*D  I just hide it
> well !!!

:) Seriously, if you post to a freebsd.org list (i.e. not this one)
through BTInternet, how long does it take your post to show on the
list?

This problem has only been affecting me for the last week or so. If
you don't normally post via your BTI account could you just send one
post (and Cc: it to me) to see if you are similarly affected? I have
mailed support at BTInternet about it (but don't expect a reply, or if
I do it will be "we don't support non-Win users" - I know that makes
no difference).

All in all I have to say that the service has been pretty good upto
this last week. OK, there have been problems with the news servers
etc. but for what I've saved on my 'phone bill I can live with it.
Reading the BTI support newsgroup it appears that a lot of people have
major problems but it appears to be regional; maybe because I live in
a relatively rural area the load on the local system is less so I get
a more reliable service.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you could make that test post for me.

Cheers.