Jobs with Intel in Reading

Adrian Wontroba aw1 at stade.co.uk
Sun May 28 08:18:15 BST 2000

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

I've been contacted by an American Intel recruiter, who is trying to
find people for some UNIX posts with Intel in Reading.  Details in
the attachment.  I know no more than this, and am not on any form of
commission!

If you are interested, please talk to Lori (lorix.toriseva at intel.com).

--=20
Adrian Wontroba

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

Lori Toriseva
Recruiter
Intel Online Services
503-264-2386 phone
lorix.toriseva at intel.com

Platform Engineer - Data Center, Reading, UK:

Platform Engineers are responsible for the third-level support of operating
systems, databases and applications.  They are responsible for the
integration of complex and diverse platforms and technologies. Platform
Engineers report to the Level 3 Shift Manager for their shift. Incumbents in
this position may be required to assume team leadership for specific
projects.  Mentoring and cross training personnel may also be required. =20

Minimum Qualifications:
Graduation from a college or university with a related degree.  Practical
experience and/or military experience can be substituted for a degree.
The Platform Engineer must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in the
following areas: multiple UNIX implementations including, but not limited
to, Solaris, Linux, and BSD in a network environment and/or in-depth
experience with MS Windows NT in a networked environment.  Demonstrable
experience with administration tasks, including operating system
installation, peripheral identification, user additions and deletions, file
sharing, privileges and access required. Appropriate professional
certifications are highly desirable. Incumbents in this position will be
expected to adopt a professional development plan to obtain
industry-recognized certifications.=20

The Platform Engineer should also have:
Demonstrated work experience in capacity measurement and management, system
back-up and recovery methodologies, disaster recovery considerations=20
Hands on experience with network monitoring packages such as Tivoli or
Openview. =20
Working knowledge of common trouble ticketing systems such as ARS Remedy or
Peregrine Support Center
Working experience with prevalent Web hosting software such as Cheyenne
Apache and Netscape SuiteSpot strongly desired.=20
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Team player-Works well with others on their team as well as outside contacts
Excellent problem determination skills
High customer satisfaction desire
Persistence - Able to solve problems, but knows when to ask for assistance
Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize in handling issues
Must be able to work autonomously with informed risk taking practices

Network Engineer - Data Center - Reading, UK:

Network Engineers are responsible for implementation and third-level support
for networks in a data center or Internet provider environment.  Network
Engineers report to the Level 3 Shift Manager for their shift. Incumbents in
this position may be required to assume team leadership for specific
projects.  Mentoring and cross training personnel may also be required. =20

Minimum Qualifications:
This position requires 4 years of experience as a networking engineer using
routers, switches, various routing protocols and a variety of WAN and LAN
links. Candidates for this position should have in-depth working experience
with LAN/WAN equipment and architecture, routers, hubs, switches and
networking protocols.  Should also have an in-depth understanding of RIP,
EIGRP, OSPF and BGP4.  Should have systems knowledge of either Unix or
Windows NT, preferably both.  Must have in-depth knowledge and working
experience with network operational concerns and issues including network
security, access control lists, firewalls and DMZ applications.   Graduation
from a college or university with a related degree.  Practical experience
and/or military experience can be substituted for a degree. Appropriate
professional certifications are highly desirable. Incumbents in this
position will be expected to adopt a professional development plan to obtain
industry-recognized certifications.=20
Prior experience in a commercial data or networking, customer-driven
environment is required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Team player-Works well with others on their team as well as outside contacts
Excellent problem determination skills
High customer satisfaction desire
Persistence - Able to solve problems, but knows when to ask for assistance
Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize in handling issues
Must be able to work autonomously with informed risk taking practices
=20

Here's some more information on Intel=AE Online Services!

Almost overnight, the Internet has grown from a fledgling enterprise for
dreamers and entrepreneurs, to the driving force behind the global economy.
And Intel=AE Online Services is committed to being a major part of this
expansion. That's why we're investing $1 billion to build world-class data
centers, like our Reading, UK facility, in strategic locations across the
globe. And we're equally committed to hiring and retaining the most talented
group of IT professionals, software engineers and marketing executives in
the world. In short, people just like you.

Intel is no stranger to the Internet. We're currently doing over a $1
billion a month in e-Commerce revenue through our own Web site. And, due to
our reputation for reliability and dedication to using state-of-the-art
technologies in our data centers, we're attracting customers like the
Excite* Shopping Center. So, if you're looking for a career that puts you in
the driver's seat of the Internet economy, you've arrived.

http://www.IntelOnlineServices.com

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/archive/19990928/news/current/intc.htx?source=3D=
blq
/yhoo&dist=3Dyhoo