LUUG Thursday 25th May (fwd)

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon May 22 18:19:36 BST 2000

Anyone else likely to go? It's the day before my last one at Demon :-)

Tony.
f.a.n.finch    fanf at demon.net    dot at dotat.at
337 gargling with the goulash

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 18:07:55 +0100 (BST)
Subject: LUUG Thursday 25th May
From: Andrew.Findlay at brunel.ac.uk
To: luug-publicity at brunel.ac.uk

			 The LUUG Lectures

		  UKUUG	- London Unix User Group

    Thursday 25th May 2000, 19:15-ish

    No lecture this month, so straight to the Rising Sun for
    discussions of all that is topical in the world of Unix.

    Who has tried Solaris 8? Windows 2000? Redhat 6.2? How are the
    new releases shaping up and what interesting features do they have?

    Has anyone tried using an online card-payment service yet? There
    are a few that are claiming to make small e-commerce sites easier
    to set up. I like the idea of using one of these to allow students
    to charge their accounts on our new pre-payment print system.

    Informal discussions at the Rising Sun in Tottenham Court Road
    before moving on to eat at a nearby restaurant (Usually Bistro 11
    or Spaghetti House)

    The	lectures are sponsored by  the	UK  Unix  systems  User Group.
    http://www.ukuug.org/

    For	information on LUUG Lectures, contact Andrew Findlay.
    Phone: 01895 203066	E-mail:	Andrew.Findlay at brunel.ac.uk

Here's that map again:

			      |   |  Euston      |   |               | B |
      |   |                   |   |  Square   ^  |   |               | e |
      |   |                   |   |  Tube     |  |   |               | d |
      | C |                   |   |              |   |               | f |
      | h |            Goodge |   |              |   |               | o |
      | a |            Street=| T |              | G |               | r |
      | r |             Tube  | o |              | o |               | d |
      | l |               =   | t |              | w |               |   |
Villa | o |-------------------| t |              | e |     Institute | W |
Carl- | t |  Goodge Street    | e |              | r |        of     | a |
otta  | t |-------------------| n |              |   |     Education | y |
      | e |                   | h |              | S |               |   |
      |   |Fitzroy      Rising| a |              | t |               |   |
      | S |Tavern          Sun| m |              | r |               |   |
      | t |-------------------|   |--------------| e |               |   |
      | e |-------------------| o |--------------| t |        |
      | e |                   | u |              |   |        |  ---------->
Bistro| t |                   | r |              |   |        |  Russel Sq
  11  |   |                   | t |              |   |        |  Tube
      |   |-------------------|   |---------------   |---------
      |   |  Percy Street     | R |Bayly St.         |Montague Pl.
  ||  |   |-------------------| o |-----.            |---------
  ||--|   |                   | a |     |  Bedford   |        |  Russel Sq.
  |---|   |            Cinema | d |     |  Square    |        |
		  Tottenham   |   |              |   |
		    Court     |   |              |   |
		    Road   |  |   |              |   |
		    Tube   V  |   |              |   |

|      From Andrew Findlay at Brunel University, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, UK     |
| Andrew.Findlay at brunel.ac.uk     +44 1895 203066 or +44 1895 274000 x2512 |