NTL and FreeBSD

Scott Mitchell s.mitchell at computer.org
Sat May 13 19:39:26 BST 2000

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 03:40:24PM +0100, Duncan Barclay wrote:

> Are you going to try the cable modems? Aparently, they are starting the service
> on Monday and people are already booking installations. £40/month all inclusive,
> 10BaseT ethernet and it does not block all TCP servers.
>
> Duncan

I think I'll wait until I see it actually working before I put my money
down, but I expect we'll sign up eventually.  Seems less restrictive that
BT's ADSL offerings, and probably available sooner.

Unless, of course, I can get onto the wireless ATM trial that some of my
colleagues are involved with :-)

BTW, good work on the xe & Raylink drivers, Duncan.

	Scott