NTL and FreeBSD

Scott Mitchell s.mitchell at computer.org
Sat May 13 19:32:33 BST 2000

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 03:04:28PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> Ah, so all the adaptor does is to automatically add a prefix number to
> the number you dial? Like 10-digit access code needed to access
> Mercury from a BT line?

Pretty much.  It routes most things over ntl, but seems to be smart enough
to recognise other access codes (eg. 1878 for OneTel) and get out of the
way if you use one.  Should you not trust the adapter, you can just put
1263 in front of any number you want to route over ntl.

> Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it further.

Let me know if you need any more info.  The uk.telecom and
alt.internet.providers.uk.* newsgroups are also good places to look.

	Scott