ADSL in UK finally !

Joe Karthauser joe at pavilion.net
Sun May 7 12:28:43 BST 2000

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 12:35:32AM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:

> > And this is simply because (in the consumer version at least) BT's
> > implementation uses NAT.  I don't know if any of the business
> > solutions differ.
>
> That'll be popular with the gamers :-/

Erp, that won't work with that Microsoft multiuser dungeon game
that I've temporarily forgotten the name of... :)  [Asher's call].
It sends UDP packets from several ports on several machines to a
single UDP port on the local machine, and needs a 'nat port' override
for it to work - I couldn't believe it, they reckon'd that they
had over 61000 users on last night!

Joe