ADSL in UK finally !

Jonathan Belson jon at dookie.demon.co.uk
Sat May 6 11:13:18 BST 2000

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, you wrote:

> I was told by a tech at BT that we have a choice of USB or a regular ethernet
> presentation. He said they run DHCP and that in principle BSD would work, but
> it hasn't been tested. They were very reluctant even to let me sign up unless I
> was running Windows.

I had an ADSL line installed during the week, and it works very nicely
with my FreeBSD server.  I must confess that I didn't use DHCP, I just
picked an IP from the allowable range and NATed packets from my existing
network.

It does have the side effect that my packets are NATed twice (once by my
server and again by the router) but it saves me the hassle of changing my
DNS setup.

C-YA
Jon

<http://www.dookie.demon.co.uk>