What to do?

Ian Hunter ihunter at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 13:01:38 BST 2000

Hi Folks,

I'm having lots of bother with v3.1.

Basically, since I installed it, it has had infrequent panics and reboots,
sometimes requireing manual fsck. I put up with this because it was so
infrequent that I could do stuff.

Anyhow over the weekend, it didn't return and I was forced to re-install -
so its time for action! However, I'm not well versed in the ways of FBSD and
would like some advice.

Questions
---------

1. I've installed the WC 3.1 from CDROM. Is there any reason why I should
upgrade, and if so what to?

2. My machine has 32M - is this adequate? (In my day..... ;-)

3. The majority of these crashes leave me unable to determine what has
happened - it reboots and smiles at me :-). Is there somewhere I can look
after the event?

4. Any other useful advice - please?

Many Thanks
Ian Hunter