Why do packets to 127.255.255.255 cause dial-up?

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Fri Mar 31 09:26:08 BST 2000

[.....]
> There's obviously a gap in my understanding of how IP works.  Any pointers
> appreciated (and, if you're going to be at the LUUG meeting tonight,
> they'll get a beer bought for you as well).

Hmm, I was underwhelmed by yesterdays turnout... there were exactly 4
of us, and we couldn't find the LUUG !  Did you make it Nik ?  Is
there another "Rising Sun" on Tottenham Court Road ?