pccardd config troubles

Scott Mitchell s.mitchell at computer.org
Mon Mar 27 22:01:14 BST 2000

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 08:15:43PM +0100, Christophe.Coindy at esoft-global.com wrote:
> if i try  to insert a xircom 10/100 +modem, it will have the following
> message:
>
> [pccard45]: no card in database for "" ("")

Quick question -- is that a PCMCIA or CardBus Xircom card?  Neither will
actually run on 4.0 right now, but a driver does exist for the PCMCIA
models (it's just awaiting a patch to the base pccard code that will enable
it to work again...)

The message you're getting often means you've inserted an unsupported
CardBus device; if that's the case you're unfortunately SOL.

It may not actually say 'CardBus' anywhere on the card...just let me know
the model number if there's no obvious identification on the card.

Cheers,

	Scott