pccardd config troubles

Christophe.Coindy at esoft-global.com Christophe.Coindy at esoft-global.com
Mon Mar 27 20:15:43 BST 2000

Hi All,

I have installed 4.0 on a armada1750 ; installation is done using the cdrom
mode ; once rebooted with a 3com i3c985D inserted, it keeps saying:

[pccard45] driver allocation failed for 3com corp (3c589D Device not
configured.

if i try  to insert a xircom 10/100 +modem, it will have the following
message:

[pccard45]: no card in database for "" ("")

I tried to modify /etc/pccard.conf.sample, (the ppcardd runs with with a
command line including this file)and for the 3com 3c589D, i tried to change
the line config "ep0" ? to config "ep0" any but no chance!

Anyone knows how to deal with pcmcia card files config/troubleshoot?
I really don't know the exact files to configure..

Also when i type ifconfig -a i get some interfaces with the following name:
gif0 gif1 gif2 gif3 and also faith0.
I find this really weird.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards
Christophe Coindy
christophe.coindy at esoft-global.com

CONFIDENTIAL
The contents of this email and any attachements may be
confidential.  It is intended for the named recipient(s).
If you are not the named recipient please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other
person or make any copies.