Sendmail Configuration

norman at newforms.co.uk norman at newforms.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 10:23:16 GMT 2000

Hi Folks

I often test CGI mail scripts by sending messages to a local account on my
FreeBSD web server. This has always worked fine, until I re-configured the
machine for IP forwarding via a PPP dial-up connection. Now, when the CGI
script runs sendmail, it appears to be trying to connect to the remote DNS
server to check the mail account name. Luckily, my IP filters do not allow
sendmail to initiate a dialup connection. What configuration changes do I
need to make, so that sendmail understands how to send messages direct to
local accounts? A few pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Norman Buskell