FreeBSD insane in the membrane

Martin Smith martin at chiron-s.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 13:18:38 GMT 2000

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Joe Karthauser wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 12:24:27PM -0000, David Stocks wrote:
> > I'm only tried Applixware and Wordperfect, (ie not StarOffice)
> > windows does have better word processing apps - I understand that
> > one of the major reasons that people invest in windows is because
>                                        ^^^^^^
> That's a funny way of describing it ;)

I certainly wouldnt call the M$ office suite better, it is always trying
to be all things to all men and ends up as a pile of shite, over bloated
and practically unusable, not to mention the worldwide curse of the macro
virus, I have only one complaint about WP and that is that its default
page size is always letter and I havent found a way to change it yet, but
apart from that it is fine and prints to my hp 6mp without any additional
software involved.

And how can windows be an investment when you have to pay thro' the nose
to upgrade it all the time to keep up with the ever changing file formats?

--
Martin Smith