Star Office

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Fri Mar 10 19:58:40 GMT 2000

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 06:19:17PM +0000, Martin Smith wrote:
> I wondered if any has any good tips for installing the above on 3.4, I got
> the cd from sun, but am having a problem or 2 with cp -a unknown option...

The best way is just to stick the cd in the drive, mount it and let the
port take care of the rest. ie:

# mount /cdrom
# cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice5
# make install USE_CDROM=yes

If you don't have an up-to-date copy of the port (mine appears to be
$FreeBSD: ports/editors/staroffice5/Makefile,v 1.10 ...$), then download
a copy of the port from www.freebsd.org/ports/, or (better) set up cvsup
to keep things up to date automatically.  For that latter option,ve a
look in /usr/share/examples/cvsup.

-Dom