FreeBSD in Dixons

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Thu Mar 9 17:47:40 GMT 2000

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 01:07:34AM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> I was chatting with Gary Johnson[1] earlier, lamenting the state of BSD
> promotion in the UK.
>
> Apparently we can look forward to seeing FreeBSD on the shelves of
> Dixons Real Soon Now, and a much bigger marketing push in Europe generally
> over the next 12 months.  Which is nice.

Nik,

Are there any Press Releases that are available about this merger and
planned expansion in the UK?  If so, we need to forward them on to
Computing and Computer Weekly (and others) pronto.  This merger is the
big flash of light that we all need to make advocacy work be seen.  We
need to get this noticed by the rest of the UK copmuter industry.
Particularly with Linux getting so many mentions, this can only be a
good thing.

-Dom