Printer Advice

Ben Smithurst ben at scientia.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 15:49:33 GMT 2000

Barry Freshwater wrote:

> Since I started using FreeBSD nearly two years ago, it has inspired me
> to start an OU degree in Computing, and I have found myself in the
> position of needing to buy a printer (never needed such a beast before)
> to use on both FreeBSD and windoze 95. Does anyone know if there is such
> a thing as a list of manufacturers / models that would be compatible? I
> am currently running 3.4-Stable and will update to 4.0-Stable when my CD
> subscription changes.

I use an Epson Stylus Color 660, with ghostscript, and it works
fine. I've never tried it with Windows though (I imagine it might just
work though).  It won't be the best printer ever, but for 100 quid or so
it's not bad, and certainly good enough for me.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben at scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D