fetchmail

Mark Ovens mark at dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Sun Mar 5 17:19:34 GMT 2000

On Sun, Mar 05, 2000 at 05:11:38PM -0000, David Richards wrote:
> hello,
>        please could some one send me a .fetchmailrc that will collect my
> mail from a pop3 server and inject it in to sendmail, so sendmail will send
> it to the correct users ?.

This is mine:

# Configuration created Sat Sep 18 16:14:37 1999 by fetchmailconf
set postmaster "postmaster"
set daemon 2
poll ukug.uk.freebsd.org with proto POP3
       user "mark" there with password "not_telling" is mark here warnings 3600

As you can see from the comment, it was created with fetchmailconf
which, IIRC, is installed when you install fetchmail. It provides
a GUI front-end to configuring fetchmail. Give it a try. There's
a manpage for it.

HTH