The Meet/./gathering

jimsinn007 jimsinn007 at netscapeonline.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 17:32:20 BST 2000

The "meet" sounds like such a barbaric word..
its a word used to its full potential in fox hunting and
other blood sports....
Im sure it could be improved upon such as a "gathering"
these gatherings could be regional or inter-regional.
this is how the group could benefit from regional
co-ordinators , each with a dedication and regional input to
the site.
Not only would this help to promote free bsd, it would
reduce the work load of  certain individuals who maintain
the site etc...

We must be carefull not to allow the gatherings to end up as
unorganised piss ups, with only those that can afford to
attend  present.
A remit should exist that will form the points to be covered
at each gathering, these could be again  specific to a
region or inter- regional...
This is a good reason why regional cap wearers should be
introduced.
It is free bsd after all and as such will draw the patronage
of a varied socio econimic grouping.

as per the holy Quran
"Who is following the right way, he is following it for
himself; and who goes astray, he is doing harm to himself,
no load holder will not carry the load of an other"

now that seems to make good sense as I understand the
reasons this group was set up in the first instance, but
there again I only read this over a curry and not with
reference to free bsd gatherings.

TonyWatson