User group meeting, Saturday July 8th, Moat House Hotel, Oxford

Rich Wood rich at dynamite.org
Sun Jun 25 13:39:53 BST 2000

On 25 Jun 2000, at 12:25, Brian Somers wrote:

> > Natalie is 32 :-) She too has found the Harry Potter books one of
> > the best reads in a long time, so much so she has been urging me to
> > read them too. Unfortunately I have Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon
> > to read first :-)
>
> An excellent book I hear - if not a tad large.

It was OK, but IMO not all it's cracked up to be. Rather too long for
it's own good at times, and I found the ending to be a bit odd, maybe
because I'd got a little bored towards the end because of the length.

Rich

--
rich at dynamite.org                 rich at FreeBSD.org.uk
If that's what they call normal, I'd rather be insane