User group meeting, Saturday July 8th, Moat House Hotel, Oxf

Mark Ovens mark at dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Sat Jun 24 02:26:54 BST 2000

On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 12:24:49AM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> Duncan Barclay wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > On 22-Jun-00 Paul Richards wrote:
> > >
> > > We want to schedule this 'conference' for Saturday July 8th.  The
> > > venue will be the Moat House Hotel, in Oxford.  We've tried to pick
> > > a location that's moderately central, and certainly the Oxford meet
> > > was the best attended social event we had.
> >
> > I'll be able to come from Cambridge, so if anyone wants a lift contact me. I
> > will plan on staying in Oxford overnight.
> >
> > Paul, can you put me down for lunch and any idea on accomidation?
>
> I'll try and get an accomodation list, or at least some pointers
> together early next week.
>
> The Moat House is quite an expensive hotel, even on a delegate rate it's
> going to be 90 quid a night (per room) for B&B.

I'll do my best to make it but she who must be obeyed is rostered to
work that weekend so we'll have to see if she can change that (unless
anyone wants a couple of kids for the weekend ;-)).

Re accommodation; at the last Oxford meet we stayed at the Moat House
as they were doing a "Weekend Special" but several people stayed at
another hotel that was good value, The Churchill or The Marlborough or
something. As you headed out of Oxford toward the Moat House it was
down a road on the left. Anyone know where I mean?