fetchmail

Ben Smithurst ben at scientia.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 18 16:29:05 BST 2000

--ZInfyf7laFu/Kiw7

David Richards wrote:

> hey=20
> 	when i run fetchmail to get my mail, i get the error "senders domain
> must resolv"
> i am not sure if this to do with sendmail or fetchmail. if anyone had this
> problem,please could u tell how to fix it

Sounds like a Sendmail error to me.  There's probably some
cryptic sendmail option to disable that feature somewhere (see
/usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf, IIRC), alternatively you could install
another MTA like Exim or Postfix.  I've always preferred Exim to
Sendmail, Postfix looked quite nice when I looked at it but I'm too used
to Exim to switch really.

But the real question is, why can't Sendmail resolve those domains?  Is
your DNS correctly configured?

--=20
Ben Smithurst / ben at scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D

--ZInfyf7laFu/Kiw7