NTL - what have I let myself in for!

Brian Somers brian at awfulhak.org
Fri Jun 2 09:04:29 BST 2000

> > NTL appear to be blacklisting their own servers :-O
>
> Which wouldn't surprise me at all... although it might be that mail.com has
> taken a dislike to ntl (scott.mitchell at mail.com forwards to an ntl
> address).

I found out a while ago that AOL will reject mail from AOL unless
it's from one of their own mx machines.  This is an attempt to get
rid of spam, but means that if you use anybody besides AOL as a smart
host for an AOL account, you can't mail other people in AOL :-/

Perhaps this is what's happening here - NTL not accepting mail from
NTL if it's being forwarded by a non-NTL mx.