How much memory?

adam.3.brown at bt.com adam.3.brown at bt.com
Fri Jun 2 10:08:51 BST 2000

Thanks for the information everyone, just to let you know I was running 3.4
on a dual PIII Xeon with 2.25GB RAM (a proliant 6500). Unfortunately this
was not quite fast enough (I'm doing some network simulations, ns2) so an
upgrade is needed. It looks like a quad Xeon(expandable to 8 processor)
PowerEdge 8450 with 4GB RAM to start with. If FreeBSD can't handle any more
than this then I will just go for a cheaper server and save some money as I
wont be able to expand it anyway.

Cheers again

Adam