NTL - what have I let myself in for!

Mark Ovens mark at freebsd-uk.eu.org
Thu Jun 1 20:09:37 BST 2000

Firstly, apologies for any duplicate posts from me. I think (hope)
I've got my mail sorted now.

As for NTL, some messages which I Cc:'d to Scott Mitchell
<scott.mitchell at mail.com> bounced due to a blacklist:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

    Recipient: <scott.mitchell at mail.com>
    Reason:    <scott.mitchell at mail.com>... The IP address 62.253.162.43 is blacklisted. contact your administrator for details.

Please reply to Postmaster at ntlworld.com

--===========================_ _= 3449096(290)959885965

Reporting-MTA: dns; mta3-win.server.ntlworld.com
Arrival-Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:59:23 +0100
Received-From-MTA: dns; parish.my.domain (62.253.86.40)

BUT!

parish:/usr/marko{58}% nslookup 62.253.162.43
Server:  cache1-gui.server.cableol.net
Address:  194.168.4.100

Name:    mta03-svc.ntlworld.com
Address:  62.253.162.43

parish:/usr/marko{59}%

NTL appear to be blacklisting their own servers :-O

--
        ...and on the eighth day God created UNIX
mailto:mark at ukug.uk.freebsd.org             http://www.radan.com