More on mailing freebsd.org

John O'Farrell john at jofa.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 09:19:24 BST 2000

Re: "Interesting that it only seems to be hub.freebsd.org that's so
picky".

Anti-spamming measures mean that this will become more common. I had
postfix set not to allow mail from any address that it can't reverse
lookup using the DNS.

# we want the domain to exists
#smtpd_helo_restrictions = reject_unknown_hostname

I had to turn it off as many mail clients like Eudora include the local
machine name in the from address. It sounds like hub.freebsd.org still
have it turned on. Once mail clients catch up, I look forward to turning
it back on.

John

snip