TV card problems

Roger Hardiman roger at cs.strath.ac.uk
Mon Jul 31 21:17:07 BST 2000

Ben
> pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x109e, dev=0x0878) at 12.1 irq 11
>
> "unknown card", that doesn't look right.

No, that is fine.
There is some audio capture hardware on Bt878's which I do not support.
The kernel is just reporting this.

> tuner 0x23" until I fudged bktr_card.c to recognize that (whether that's
> the right fix, I don't know, I've no idea if the tuner is Philips but
> it does say "PAL I" on it).

I'm just about to fix that in -current.

> The card doesn't work much better after
> that fix; I only get semi-reasonable reception on BBC1, though that's
> probably partly down to the crap TV aerial I'm using (though other TVs
> here with similar aerials work better).

I get lousy reception via an aeriel. I get my TV feed from my Cable TV
box,
so the signal is strong.
A booster may help. Also use the AFC option (auto fine tune) in FXTV.

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group, Glasgow, Scotland.
roger at cs.strath.ac.uk