TV card problems

Ben Smithurst ben at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 31 18:59:53 BST 2000

Right, having bought a nice new TV card, there's a few things that worry me.
First:

bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xe6000000-0xe6000fff irq 11 at device 12.0 on pci0
iicbb0: <I2C generic bit-banging driver> on bti2c0
iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
smbus0: <System Management Bus> on bti2c0
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 38105 B435
Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips PAL I tuner.
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x109e, dev=0x0878) at 12.1 irq 11

"unknown card", that doesn't look right.  I also got "unknown Hauppauge
tuner 0x23" until I fudged bktr_card.c to recognize that (whether that's
the right fix, I don't know, I've no idea if the tuner is Philips but
it does say "PAL I" on it).  The card doesn't work much better after
that fix; I only get semi-reasonable reception on BBC1, though that's
probably partly down to the crap TV aerial I'm using (though other TVs
here with similar aerials work better).

Any hints...?  Like I say, the problems are probably down to the aerial
(I think I'll look for one of those booster jobbies) so it's just the
"unknown card" I'd like suggestions on.

FWIW this is a "WinTV GO PCI" card or something, basically the cheapest
Hauppauge card there is (about 44 quid).

TIA.

--
Ben Smithurst                 / ben at FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /