Adding Users

Steve Greenshaw steve at softgreen.co.uk
Mon Jul 31 11:52:15 BST 2000

Hi,

I've just got a 3.4 server up and running to act as a mail server for over 8000
users. Previously this was a 2.2.5 server and I had a script that allowed me to
take the contents of a file and add users from that, one line at a time,
automatically. Each user is on one line as:

username|realname|password

However, the '-batch' option has been removed from 'adduser' and I can't get my
script to work. Although I can add all the users using a script and 'pw', I
cannot set passwords (?) and would have to also run 'passwd'.

Does anyone know of / have a utility for adding users 'in bulk'?

Cheers,

Steve.